Pressure cooker chicken wings
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10mins
This recipe is the perfect launch pad for chicken wings. The chicken wings can be coated with ANY of your favourite sauce be it honey soy, hot sauce or even liquid smoke (this is our favourite).
INGREDIENTS (serves 8)
- 4 lb. chicken wings
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken wings with garlic powder, paprika and turmeric. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to coat.
- In your pressure cooker, add 3/4 cup water. Place trivet inside the pot and add wings. Secure lid and press the manual setting. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking has finished, do a quick release.
- Create your favourite sauce, transfer cooked wings to a large bowl and toss with 1/2 the sauce.
- If you’re looking for a nice crisp, place the now coated wings in an even layer on a baking sheet and broil on high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from tray and place back in bowl. Gently toss with remaining sauce and serve.